The following is additional information regarding the upcoming mask mandate for all individuals inside of Mitchell Community School Buildings which will begin on Monday, August 30th. Please make special note of the revision to our policy in regard to outdoor athletic or extracurricular events.
- OUTDOOR EVENTS: We recommend the use of masks and the practice of social distances at these events. At this time, masks are not required. When seated, we do ask that members of the same household attempt to sit together in a group when possible.
- IDOOR EVENTS: Masks can be removed once a spectator is seated. We do ask that social distancing be followed and attempt to sit with household members when possible.
The following is intended to provide a degree of clarity in regard to the wearing of masks when in the school buildings.
- Masks are to be worn during times when appropriate social distancing cannot be maintained. This will primarily be during times of hallway congestion, busses, and classrooms where safe distancing is not possible.
- Clear barriers have been purchased to be used in our Hatfield Elementary classrooms where seating is arranged by tables. This will enable students in these classrooms to remove their masks if they choose when seated.
- Students will not be required to wear masks during recess or lunch periods.
MCS COVID-19 Data Dashboard can now be found on our school corporation website. We will make every effort to provide daily updates on school attendance and updates on numbers in quarantine and the amount of positive COVID-19 cases. If interested visit: