MCS Updated Quarantine Guidelines
Beginning January 24, 2022
Due to the updated CDC guidelines and increase in COVID cases statewide, We are updating our protocols. Below you will find Mitchell Community Schools new COVID guidelines:
- If you or a household member has a pending COVID test you are required to quarantine until those results are back.
- If you test positive for COVID, you will be excluded for 5 days from the onset of your symptoms. You can return on day 6, masks will be required from day 6-10. You must also be 24 hours fever free without the use of medication prior to your return.
- If a household member tests positive you will be excluded for 5 days from the onset of their symptoms. You can return on day 6, masks will be required from day 6-10. If you develop symptoms or test positive the return date will change. Please notify MCS nursing staff as soon as possible.
- If you or a household member has symptoms you will be excluded for 5 days unless you have a negative test or a doctor's statement.
- People who have tested positive for COVID within the last 3 months or are fully vaccinated will not be required to quarantine. Household members of positive or symptomatic individuals are also not required to quarantine if fully vaccinated. Again if you are vaccinated and develop symptoms please get tested, quarantine and notify MCS nursing staff.
I can not give enough credit/thanks to our wonderful, caring, patient, and hard working nursing staff. Lisa Camp (Burris), Kenzi Arthur (Jr High) and Taylor Baker (Hatfield).
Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions or concerns.
Marisa Lane, RN
Health Services Supervisor
Mitchell Community Schools